Monday, May 30, 2011

Jackrabbit

After having dinner at Lan Na Thai, Mr. Foo and I decided to go Jackrabbit for lounging around. It was a Tuesday night, and the place was crowded. We arrived at about 10 p.m., so people were leaving the restaurant side, yet the lounge was full. Therefore, we were seated at the restaurant.

I was kind of like the place. The lighting created warm feeling; it wasn't too dimmed (like most bars were), yet it wasn't too bright. It would be better if we were seated at the lounge area since it would be more relaxing yet lively. However, since there weren't that many people in the restaurant side, it felt a bit more intimate, which wasn't a bad thing either.

It has high-ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows in the restaurant part. The whole interior was a mixed of smooth clean wood and concrete. The bar, especially, has vintage bistro vibe to it. The most outstanding part was the private dining room in the mezzanine that was like hanging above us. It was so cool...
Bailey's and Kahlua Tiramisu - Rp 70k
Now let's move on the the food. I was torn between Vanilla Panna Cotta and tiramisu but since I was feeling chocolatey that night, I picked the tiramisu. And who can resist baileys? The tiramisu looked super pretty and seducing, but when I gave in to the temptation .... I was disappointed. I couldn't taste the baileys. The kahlua was strong, though. It wasn't too sweet but I'm such a big sweet tooth. It also lacked of the anticipated dusting cocoa powder. The best part of it was actually the pretty chocolate ornaments; it tasted good. For such a premium price, I expected more :(

Chocolate Martini - Rp 90k
Mr. Foo ordered Corona (not pictured) for Rp 60k and I ordered Chocolate Martini since, again, I felt like eating chocolate :p When the drink arrived, it caught me by surprise. I expect it to be chocolate, yet the drink mixture was clear and the only chocolate about the drink was the one on the glass rim. I reluctantly tasted it, and I was surprisingly kind of like it. It was a bit stronger than the usual chocolate martini and not as sweet, but it was good if I drank it while sipping the chocolate on the glass rim.

I would still the benefit of doubt for Jackrabbit. It has a lot of potentials. Maybe I should come back and try its food and different desserts.


Jackrabbit
Cyber 2 Tower
Ground Floor
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Blok X-5 No. 13
Jakarta Selatan
Ph: (021) 2902 1357

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...