Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bittersweet Corner

After resting at Ismaya Catering Cafe, we went shopping again in Grand Indonesia, then moved to Plaza Indonesia. I sometimes wonder how come most girls (well, at least me :p) have so much power when it comes to go shopping, yet have minimum ability to endure gym session. Anyway, we were tired, again, and felt the need to recharge our "energy." It was dinner time, but since we did not feel hungry whatsoever, we decided to grab some snacks or desserts instead.

My friend suggested to go to Bittersweet Corner. It was located at the corner of the 3rd floor of The Plaza/ PI extension. It shared a store with Perennials, a fancy tableware and cookware store. I initially thought that Bittersweet Corner was more like a high tea place, like the one that was just closed and located in the same spot. It turned out they just offered a la carte menu.

Green Tea Macaroon - Rp 10k & Caramel Macaroon - Rp 12k
I had been more than curious about their macaroons since I read Ruby's post about it. Note that he took waaaayyy better picture than me, if you have not kown about it already :p Anyway, I ordered the green tea and caramel macaroons. The macaroons shell looked a bit rough. The caramel macaroon was sweet and it smells sooo nice! The shells were a bit crunchy and hollow inside. Meanwhile, the shells of the green tea macaroon were more gooey and not that hollow, I hope it makes sense :s. It has strong matcha green tea aroma in a good way. Now, I found it a bit weird, but what I like the most about the macaroons here is the SMELL! they smell really nice!

Red Velvet Cupcake - Rp 27k
My friend ordered a cupcake, again, right after the cupcake in Ismaya Catering Cafe! I thought she was struck by the cupcake craze :p It was basically red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting topped with red colored sugar and red heart shaped confetti sprinkles. It tasted so much better than the one we had in Ismaya Catering Cafe. The cake was moist but a bit sticky. The cream cheese frosting complimented it perfectly. I usually do not like cream cheese, but I like this one.

Ice Thai Tea & Ice Tea - Rp 27k ea
I ordered Ice Thai Tea, and my friend got Ice Tea. I wonder how come they were priced the same. However, I really like the ice Thai tea! It was sweet and refreshing. Overall, Bittersweet Corner was such a sweet ending to our shopping day :)





Bittersweet Corner
Plaza Indonesia
Level 2, #E318
Jl. MH Thamrin Kav 28-30
Jakarta Pusat
Ph: (021) 2992-3661

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...