Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pizza Marzano

Pizza Marzano has just opened a new branch in Mall Kelapa Gading. My friends and I decided to give it a try. As expected from a newly opened restaurant in Jakarta, the place was full and we had to wait for a few minutes for our table.

Garlic Bread with Mozarella - Rp 28k
We ordered Garlic Bread with Mozarella for appetizer. The garlic bread was not like your ordinary toasted garlic baguette-like bread. The bread was lightly toasted. Thus, it still managed to have some tenderness but with melted mozarella on top. The bread itself was a bit on the sweet side. I really loved it!

Bruschetta Picante - Rp 28k
We also got the Bruschetta Picante for another appetizer. The bread was the same as the Garlic bread. However, it supposed to come with several other toppings, such as tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, beef bacon, topped with grana padano and mozarella. Well, I did not spot any jalapeno peppers but oh well...It tasted okay. I preferred the simple garlic bread.

Quatro Carni - Rp 77k
We decided to ordered 2 pizza and 2 pasta to share. However, the waitress missed one of our pizza order :( So we just got our Quatro Carni. It has chicken ham, pepperoni, spicy beef, and chicken. However, they did not distributed the toppings evenly, as you can see from the pictures. I tried to pepperoni and it was okay. The pizza crust was thin and I liked that I can taste the generous amount of melted cheese.

Maccheroni Al Forno Alla Bolognese - Rp 65k
For pasta, we ordered Maccheroni Bolognese and Penne Carbonara. The Maccheroni was my favorite! It came with bechamel sauce, bolognese sauce, mozarella, and grana padano. The dish was rich on cheese yet I did not feel overwhelmed by it. It might be because they have the perfect combination of bechamel and bolognese sauce!

Penne Carbonara - Rp 60k
The waitress claimed that its Penne Carbonara was the house's favorite. However, I thought it was just okay. Nothing's special in the dish.

For drink, we ordered Ice Blackcurrant Tea for Rp 25k each. It was refillable.

Overall, I really like the food here. They were tasty and affordable. BUT the service was beyond mediocre! The place was super busy yet they just had very little super rude waiters, not to mention that they were not helpful either. I tried to understand the rudeness of the waiters was because they were overwhelmed by the amount of customers they had to serve, yet they were not many of them. But still, it got to my nerve, to the point that I did not enjoy my dining experience there. They did not smile even for just once; it took them a very very looonngg time to bring out the drinks, while all they need to do was just grab a glass and fill it with the already-made blackcurrant tea; whenever we requested something, they just either ignored it, made us wait for a super long time, or said "sorry, I am busy," and bluntly ignored it!!

Note to management, please pay attention to the number of waiters and expected customers, and the quality of the waiters. I am sure, we were not the only disappointed customers, and we did not spot any restaurant manager while we were there.



Pizza Marzano
Ground Floor, Mall Kelapa Gading 3
Jl. Boulevard Raya 
Jakarta Utara 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...