Sunday, June 19, 2011

California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen is an American based franchise restaurant. I went here on a Wednesday evening with two of my friends since we missed CPK's Spinach Artichoke Dip so much! I hadn't tried the one in Indonesia yet before, so we decided to give it a shot.

Spinach Artichoke Dip - Indonesia version (Rp 95k) vs The US version ($9.29)

We were a bit disappointed when the dish came out. It was a bit different from the one in the US. You can see from the picture that the dip in Indo was thicker in texture and lighter in color, as in there was no spinach (?). The chips were also different, since the US version came with blue and white corn tortilla chips, while Indo version came only with the thicker white tortilla chips. For the taste, well the US version's dip was tastier. However, the one in Indo was good enough to satisfy my craving. We even managed to order another portion :p

Shanghai Garlic Noodle with Chicken - Rp 85k
We also ordered Shanghai Garlic Noodle with Chicken. CPK pasta never failed me, neither did this one. The portion was enough for us three. It was great, tasty and a bit sweet. There were also generous chicken bits and mushrooms in it. I really really really like their Asian pizza or pasta.

 I actually think CPK is one of the restaurants that have good pasta in Jakarta, and I can assure you, there are not so many of them. I like my pasta to be well seasoned that I don't need to add more salt and pepper. The works should be done in the kitchen by the chef, and as a customer, I should be able to enjoy pasta served without have to add other ingredients.

We ordered Ice Lemon Tea - Rp 25k and Ice Tea - Rp 20k (not pictured). We really liked the fact that both of them were refillable.




California Pizza Kitchen
Plaza Indonesia eX
1st Floor, #039
Jl. MH Thamrin Kav 28-30
Jakarta Pusat
Ph: (021) 310 7667

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...