Thursday, June 9, 2011

Go! Curry

No, this one was not the same as the Go!Go! Curry in Singapore, the one with a gorilla as the mascot. When a friend asked me to accompany her trying out Go! Curry in Pacific Place, I immediately thought of the Gorilla one, but I was wrong.


The place had just opened for a few months I believed, and it was quite busy on a weekday evening. They took curry seriously since they provided different types of curry such as Thai, Japanese, Indian, Indonesian, and British (? I'm not sure about this. I mean since when the Brit is famous for its curry? but yet I'm sure one of the people from the logo was British, no?) curry, that we could choose to create our own curry. We were also able to choose the spiciness level, the type of rice, and what do we want to put in our curry. There were also three different choices for rice: usual plain rice, rice cooked with butter and cilantro, and yellow rice flavored with butter, roasted peanut, and mustard seed.
Tandoor Chicken Tikka with Rogan Josh Curry - Rp 56k
I went with the waiter's recommendation as there were just too many choices for everything.lol save the hassle. He practically recommended the Indian dish. Rogan Josh Curry was their special curry. I believed it was Indian curry. I ordered it mild since I do not eat spicy food. Tandoor Chicken Tikka was basically grilled chicken cubes marinated with Indian spices. He also recommended the Cilantro butter rice.

The portion was perfect to me; it was satisfying. I would say there's nothing really special about the curry. The chicken was tender. It was good but the curry was a bit bland to my taste. It might be because I ordered it mild :( Anyway, I really love the cilantro butter rice. It was aromatic and tasty. I usually did not finish my rice portion (I was on diet *cough cough*), but this time I had to work extra hard to resist the temptation!

Breaded Fish Green Curry - Rp 60k
Well, I actually forgot what my friend ordered but I believed it was the Breaded Fish. The green curry was made with coconut milk, green chili, lime, mint, and pandan leaves to give its green color. She got the long grain rice, which was the plain rice. She also paired them with Dory fillet which was fried with Japanase breadcrumbs.

I didn't try the dish, but I did ask her on how it tasted. She said it actually tasted weird at first since she got the Thai curry with Japanese style fish katsu kind of thing. However, she grew to like it as she ate more of it. And yes, she finished the plate.

Cheese Naan - Rp 23k
We also ordered Cheese Naan for the side dish. It was okay. There was cheese inside the naan!

I also ordered TWG French Earl Grey (not pictured) for drink. It costed Rp 26k.

Overall, I think it was quite good and affordable for Pacific Place. The portion was fulfilling. The bland taste might be because I ordered the curry mild, while others said it was great since they ordered it hot, or even insanely hot. Spicy food lover might want to try the insanely hot curry out!

Oh and I really love the logo graphic! Those five cute guys are so adorable :)



Go! Curry
Pacific Place, 4th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav 52-53
Jakarta Selatan


Cilandak Town Square, 1st Floor
Jl. Letnan Jend. TB Simatupang Kav. 17
Jakarta Selatan
Ph: (021) 7592 0265/75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...