Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bibliotheque

After having dinner at Riva and stubbornly skipped dessert there, Mr. Foo and I went to Loewy since I was craving for its melted chocolate heavily! Little did I know, Loewy was full!!and it was on a Thursday night -.-

We didn't want to wait for a table, so we decided to go lounging elsewhere. We went to Bibliotheque instead,  since it was close by. 

It was on renovation. However, unlike Cassis that closed the whole restaurant during renovation, Bibliotheque still opened, even though the space was kind of limited and the renovation, of course, distracted the decoration, that was supposed to be a really nice high ceiling library.

Since we arrived there really late, the restaurant had transformed into a bar and lounge. Meaning, dimmed light, if there's any -.-' They barely had any lighting on. The lighting was limited to a very tiny candle on each table. I appreciated dark bar, but not super dark bar where you can barely see anything.

According to my experience, parking here was a b*tch, so I'd rather use the valet service. However, I forgot how much the rate was.
Clockwise: Exotic Mango (Rp 95k), Geisha (Rp 95k), Swiss Chocolate Martini (Rp 95k)
Other than those drinks pictured, Mr. Foo also ordered Corona (Rp 65k, not pictured). My favorite was Swiss Chocolate Martini. I love chocolate anything martini! Oh well, I love any girly overly sweet drink :p They also served free peanut for condiment.

There was also a DJ spinning records, even though it was a weekday night. Mr. Foo loves bars with DJ. 

Service was excellent. The waiter was stand by close enough to our table that even though it was dark, he would come over right when we need him, far enough to give us privacy to talk. 

After the drinks, I was quite buzzed :p Therefore, even though I was quite annoyed with the super dark lighting, I still had a fun time there XD

Oh, before I forgot, Bibliotheque had a dress code, which I wasn't sure whether it was strictly enforced. But just to be safe, male was not allowed to wear sandals, sleeves top, and shorts, If I'm not mistaken.


Bibliotheque
Sampoerna Strategic Square
South Tower B, Ground Floor No. 8
Jalan Jendral Sudirman Kav. 45-46
Jakarta Selatan
Ph: (021) 5795 6779/80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...