Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sunlight at Luna Negra

I'm terribly sorry for not writing for such a long time! It's because I lost my phone that contained a lot of menu details (name, price, etc) and restaurant infos :( I know, I know, I have to admit that I'm kinda lazy. I am sorry... However, with this post, I intend to revive this blog. yayyy... So, I am going to update you on my restaurant visits, even though some of them may not be recent. Here we go..

I had lunch on a sunny Saturday at Luna Negra. This was supposed to be a new "happening" Italian restaurant in Jakarta. It was located in the Citibank building, and placed kind of far from the parking building. However, once we stepped in, the atmosphere was inviting. The high ceiling room were surrounded by big window that let the sunshine came in and made the place bright. I really loved it.



The dining room was located after a two-story wine cellar and the long bar table. The interior was dominated by dark color (to emphasize luna negra - black moon - feeling, I believe), and the decorations gave vintage feeling. My favorite was the old pictures framed on the wall and the vintage telephone in the corner right after the long bar table. For a Saturday afternoon, they were not busy. Ok, I gotta admit that I arrived really late, so people probably had finished their lunch, like most of my friends. They complained me for picking Luna Negra, as the food were terrible. Since I arrived late, I could not take any picture of their food.

Just to be safe, and I was on my period at that time so I didn't have much appetite, I ordered the Classic Caesar Salad with grilled chicken and Hot Earl Grey Tea for drink. I actually wanted to order fruit tea, but the cup for the so-called-premium tea (which was plain boring tea such as Chamomile, English Breakfast, etc) was so much cuter and luckily, I do love earl grey. My boyfriend, let's call him Mr. Foo, ordered Spaghetti Bolognese *he can be sooo plain sometimes* and Luna Ice Tea.

Classic Caesar Salad - Rp 56k and Earl Grey Tea - Rp 25k-ish
The Caesar Salad was humongous, even though it looked normal in the picture. And....it tasted blah. I could not describe it, but...I could not finish it. It was that horrible. However, see the cup, it was sooo cute! I dreamed to have some of those if I have a house on my own :p

Spaghetti Bolognese - Rp 70k ish (I coudn't remember) - Luna Iced Tea Rp 30k
The Spaghetti was standard, nothing to rave about, yet nothing to dispise about. Mr Foo ordered the Luna Iced Tea, which was basically ice tea with cubed grass jelly, because the waiter claimed that you had not visited Luna Negra unless you tried Luna Iced Tea. 

Creme Caramel - Rp 39k
We had creme caramel as a dessert, and it was the only decent food that noon. However, one of my friends commented at how the creme caramel was bubbly while it was supposed to have smooth texture. Despite the texture, it tasted good. I loved how it was sweet, and I loved(!) sweet things; moreover, when I had my period and my mood went down to zero level. 

All in all, I was disappointed. However, my friend, who ordered Salt and Pepper Squid, said that it was quite delicious. So maybe one day ifff... I have to go there again, I'll try their Chinese food, and probably some cocktail and the Chocolate Lava Cake for dessert. will keep it in mind.


Luna Negra
Plaza Bapindo
Citibank Tower, Ground Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 54-55
Jakarta Selatan
Phone: (021) 2995-0077

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...