Monday, October 31, 2011

Smitten...by the Patissier, Singapore

Since I could not finish up the fried carrot cake, I still felt somewhat hungry so I went straight to dessert! There are a lot of interesting kiosk in Takashimaya Food Hall, and I decided to try Smitten by the Patissier. Well, it was actually my dad who was really really curious about the cake. He had wanted to try it from a few week ago.

First Kiss - S$7.00

They claimed the first kiss as their best seller, so that's what we ordered. The meringue roulade was basically meringue shell filled with passionfruit mousse, and fresh mangoes and strawberries. The meringue was soft and somewhat chewy topped with powdered sugar. The passionfruit mousse filling had nice fruity aroma. I expected the cake to be sour (passionfruit and strawberry? duh). However, it was actually sweet, even thought the sweetness was soft, not too sweet. The diced mangoes and strawberries were not sour either. The cake was light and airy. I got to admit that the cake is not photogenic, but it was really delicious!

On a side note, I found it cute that a whole roulade was called hug, and the slice was called kiss. Furthermore, they also included a small ice pack in the package to keep it cold.

Smitten...by the Patissier booth



Smitten...by the Patissier
Takashimaya Food Hall 
Ngee Ann City #B2
391 Orchard Rd
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...